Saturday, July 15, 2006


The great Angkor Wat

I have always dreamt of one day visiting Siem Reap in Cambodia. Six years ago, when I had a chance to visit Phnom Penh, also because of work, I told myself one day soon I will have an opportunity to visit Siem Reap and see the world renowned and one of the 'must see' world heritage sites in Asia-the great Angkor Wat. I was quite surprised at how beautiful it really is. The feeling certainly was totally different than what I had felt when I was in Taj Mahal in India. What is the same is that feeling of being in awe of such a huge structure. It was really a wow place to visit!

Siem Reap has other things to offer, except shopping. It is not a place to buy stuff. But it is a place to go for nice French restaurant, nice and very fancy hotels and bars. We even managed to sort of call one of the hotels there (a new one)as our favorite hotel. The name of the hotel is Hotel De La Pais. Very fancy indeed from the lobby to the bar to the restaurant to the room (yes, we had a chance to see the inside of the presidential suite there).

Well that is one place I can now check off on my list of 88 cities to visit!

I visited Siem Reap, Cambodia and the Angkor Wat last November 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home