Saturday, July 15, 2006



Taj Mahal

I cannot remember how come I seem to have missed posting the picture of a place I visited three years ago which is very unique, most romantic and nostalgic, and simply amazing. Actually, I have seen the Taj Mahal in movies and TV.

But what I could not imagine was that I would feel the same magical way as the rest of those who have come before me. It was really an amazing and captivating sight to visit. I felt like I was transformed to the period when the Rajah would sit on his fort and look over the Taj Mahal to look at the building where his beloved wife is buried. Is it not the most romantic gesture I have heard in my life so far. And I just felt like his love for her endures and all of us who have come and visited his fort and visited the Taj Mahal could certainly sense and feel it.

It was even made more special as at that time I visited it, I was visiting my close friend whom I have not seen for about six months. I remember feeling such an affinity with both lovers. Maybe it was because I too was in a relationship then. So the feelings were more real to me. I also remember being disappointed that he could not go with me there.

Then another friend told me that I should be happy he did not join me then. According to her, there is a belief amongst Indians that you should not visit Taj Mahal with your special someone, because you will end up separated.

Well considering that two years after that visit, we parted ways, maybe it is not true no? Maybe it is the other way around....when I try to ask other Indian friends about this belief, they do not seem to know anything about it and they have given me a look of disbelief.

Hmmm....hopefully I could come back there and then I will try to bring along my special someone, then let us see if the belief is the other way around....

I visited Taj Mahal, Agra, Jaipur and Delhi, India last February 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home