Sunday, August 12, 2007

Anecdote of a miracle from Cebu City





Miracle sunset

One of the things I always look forward to when I visit a place is to see sunset. All these years of traveling I have found out that the most wonderful sunsets are in the beach. I guess it makes it more interesting as you have such an unrestricted view of the sun as it sets. Alas, I did not realize we will be staying at a resort that is on the other side of where the sun will be setting in Cebu. We were on the eastern side so the view of the sunset in the beach was not spectacular. When I realized this, I made sure I was not out on the last day I could see the sunset. Mom and I just had a lazy day inside the resort and I just waited for the sunset. And of course when you are in a not so happy mood (well someone v special to me just got p off with me so i was feeling so down that afternoon), I almost missed the sunset.

By the time I climbed on the second floor of the resort to get a good view of the sunset, there was this huge dark cloud covering the sun.



I felt so dejected and more sad as I felt the whole universe must be conspiring to make my day worse. By the minute I was feeling close to tears. At one point I went down to our room and lamented to Mom that I missed the sunset. Being Mom as she is, she gave me hope that maybe the sunset is not yet finished, that the sun will still come out of hiding from the clouds so I can see it and capture it. I told her it may not happen anymore. I guess she must have sounded so encouraging that I got up from the bed and went back up again. But alas, the sun was still hiding in the clouds. Then I had this wonderful thought. I uttered a silent plea for a miracle to happen that afternoon. I told God please if He showed me a miracle then it must mean that the one person I love most in this world will come back and will forgive me. The miralce is if the sun will come out from the clouds so I can see it go down in the horizon. I waited..still nothing happened...five minutes must have gone by...

then suddenly just when i was about to give up and i was sitting slumped already on the floor, camera in hand, i looked up to see the sun slowly coming out of hiding from the dark clouds...wow! i suddenly jumped up and was so happy and started clicking my digicam....



tho it was not the most spectacular sunset i have seen but at that point and time, i thot it was the most beautiful sunset i have witnessed in my life...a miracle indeed...as it was almost 6 pm....should have finished by then...and the sun as if to really make me humble and happier, seems to dance before my eyes, moving from one position to another as it goes down....teasing me as it keeps going down and then moving up again...and i watched it till it was almost touching the mountain..i was the only one that day who must have felt this miracle!

Well I hope the other miracle will happen soon... like the sunset that friday afternoon...

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Blogger a*musing said...

i love sunsets, too! and i love this story. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home