Monday, September 19, 2011

a different kind of journey now

My last posting in this blog was about two months before I got married.  I got married in a simple but very intimate solemnization in Singapore, the country where I have been staying since 2000.   From my side of the family, it was only  my Mom who attended.  From my husband's side of the family, there was none who could travel at such a short notice.  For a short notice it was.  We only decided beginning of February that we will get married in April. I chose 4 April as it was also Easter Sunday.  For me, Easter Sunday is always meaningful.  There is something about Easter that bodes well of new beginnings- resurrection from the dead, end of betrayals and the immaculate love and forgiveness that our Lord Jesus has shown to all of us, will always touch my heart. 

Then, I stopped blogging.  Not because I have not traveled after February 2010.  In fact, I did travel more in 2010 than in 2009.  I managed to go back to the Philippines (my country of birth), to Indonesia (for a short honeymoon), to the UK (to visit my new family there) and to Australia. 

But I guess I, seem to have lost the desire to chronicle my travels and to post pictures here as most of my friends seem to have been to the same places I have been.  Thanks to Facebook, I could see that everywhere people have been traveling extensively and posting loads and loads of photos to show them.  I just felt so drained after looking at all of them.  Then I told myself, am I like them?  Have I been showing too much of where I have been?  I just find it a bit too ordinary now to be traveling and felt that if I cannot share something awesome or extraordinary from my traveling, then I better not share anything.

On another note, I also learned that being married is like traveling, a different kind of traveling.  Your desire of destination is of course, the 'till death do us part'.  But the journey itself is totally different for each and every couple.  I think I have enough friends and acquaintances who have told me their own stories of marriage to know that how I am going about in my own journey of marriage is totally different than how they are going about in their own.  Each to his/her own, I am beginning to realize when it comes to marriage.

Ahhh, so now maybe this blog of mine can be of a different journey.  I started this blog in 2003 with the aim of chronicling my travels and to share my experiences.  Today, 20 September 2011, I have decided to continue blogging here with the aim of chronicling my marriage experiences.  Then and now, I hope I will continue to share awesome stories and extraordinary experiences that those who come across my blog could learn from. 

I still believe that I have chosen the road less traveled and in doing so, I have had the opportunity to visit so many places and meet so many interesting people, including the one person, whom I fondly call my baobei, who has managed to make me decide at age 42 to give up singlehood and commit myself to him in marriage.

Let the blogging begin, again!  Well, sort of.... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home