Monday, September 10, 2007

Tour guide in Singapore (part 2)




Gay gave me an excuse to go again tonight to another tourist spot of Singapore. This time around I brought her to CHIJMES, which used to be a monastery before it became a place for eating and drinking. I also brought her to see the lobby and the inside of Raffles Hotel. I wanted to bring her to Asia Bar at the 70th floor of the Stamford Hotel, unfortunately, tonight it was close because of a private function. I think one of the banks is having their dinner and dance there tonight. So we ended up going to Long Bar, inside Raffles Hotel. Long Bar is famous for two things. One, it is famous for the Singapore Sling, a concoction that was supposed to have been created in that hotel. Second, it is the only bar and for that matter the only space in Singapore where people are encouraged to loiter. Yes, loiter as in no one will stop you or fine you for throwing peanut shells on the floors.




But of course, be prepared to pay S$20 for a Singapore sling. Not something I would want to do every so often. Lol! Only when friends come and visit Singapore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home