Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Another journey ending at work....




Goodbye my friend and colleague Ms. Cat!

From you I learned so much about Singaporean culture, Chinese culture and Tsao work culture. From you I learned to let go of my fear of flying. From you I learned to be humble and forgiving when others are not being nice to me. From you I learned to cherish the past, and the memories of how the foundation has started and the stories of the different people who have come and gone from our organization. From you I learned to appreciate dangling earrings, go after sale items and shop in places that are off the beaten track. From you I learned to be more caring of myself and to love myself a little bit more. From you I learned to be generous and more giving. From you I also learned to be persevering and to pause and be patient. From you I learned to appreciate the gift of healing and the gift of life. From you I know that miracles do happen!

Am very thankful for all the years you have been inviting me to your house to celebrate Chinese New Year with your Mom and your dear friends. You have always acted as my older sister and a dear friend, especially when I was just starting with the foundation and I had difficulty blending in with the rest of our colleagues. You became my protector against a few 'not nice' incidents at work.


I will always cherish these and more. Now that your leaving us to pursue your other dreams, I pray that God will continue to bless you, protect you and guide you and use you to administer to those who need His love and care, especially those who are undergoing their own struggle with breast cancer. You have taught all of us that there is life after a big storm and that indeed life is precious and should be lived in fullness and with God's love.

Thank you my dear and may our paths cross again as we both continue in our journey in this world called LIFE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home