Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mid autumn festival and full moon



I almost missed you in the flurry of things and in the uncertainty of the period. Good thing I have a window that faces you as you come out. Again, am not sure I captured you well enough but I am again in awed of your brightness and of your perfect roundness. Well I did not want to disturb you much so I opted to only take two pictures. Am sure my dear friends from the northern hemisphere were celebrating your night as it signals the start of autumn in their part of the world and for my other dear friends from down under and from the kiwi land, I hope they too are celebrating your night as it signals that winter is over for them and they can look forward to spring and to sunshine and less cold days and nights.

For us in the tropics, we were celebrating you for a different reason. We were celebrating a love story from the past of a couple who would only be able to meet again during this mid autumn festival. Well at least we had something to celebrate and we even had mooncakes to bite while we watch you, lantern to play with and burn (hopefully not anymore since now all are battery operated) and Chinese tea to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home