Friday, October 12, 2007

The cat is out of the bag!


(L to R: Su, Mary Ann and myself)

Murphy, Su's dog (who recently passed away) will not like my title here. But I have a very good reason for using it for a title here as indeed the cat is out of the bag. Well, what i really mean by this is that Su, my colleague of 5 years and 6 months and who has been with the foundation (on and off) for the past 14 years is leaving us in December. So she has let the cat out of the bag while we were having lunch together at a French restaurant in Macau. She said she did not know how to tell me but she has to as our CEO will be announcing it formally this coming Tuesday and she did not want to have it happen like that. I almost cried right there and then. For the past three years, Su and i have managed to become closer as we had to work on several projects together. We were together in Myanmar last December for the ASEAN meeting and i feel happy that i had this last opportunity to travel with her for work.

So i have to brace myself again for another journey diverging in paths. I am sure at some point i will have another posting of her last days leading to her departure. But for now, i am still coming to terms with her resignation and her impending departure from Singapore. But i admire her for her reason for leaving. I too would have done the same. She is leaving us to be with her husband who now works and lives in New York.

I wonder if i too will be given that choice? I wonder if life will be so kind as to allow me to experience as well that joy of deciding to follow my heart. I would like to....if only....we will see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home