Saturday, November 03, 2007

Little Carl in Singapore, a week of fun filled touring of Auntie Sussie's new adapted country



My dear older sister and her youngest son, little Carl (i call him that as the other Carl in my life is big and the one and only love of my life). They visited Singapore from 25 October to 2 November. Theirs was a dream holiday for me as well as I have always wanted to bring little Carl here but one way or another he was too young before to fly or Auntie Sussie is not around to host them. But then Auntie Sussie thot that as the big Carl will be arriving soon, maybe little Carl can come over already so that the next one will be the big guy himself. We will see soon if Auntie's prayer and wish will come true.

Anyway, my dear nephew was such a charmer that he managed to charm even people we just meet on the street or inside MRT. He has a ready smile and a wink for people, even those he just met or do not even know. That is why he was able to get away with having a seat in the MRT, having a nice cowboy hat from Auntie Mei Mei and Auntie Linda, toy and candies from Auntie Cici and a gift of cash from his godmother who was also with them when they here. But they only stayed for a few days.

Having a 3 year old is always an amazing experience for me. I learned again to look at the familiar sites of Singapore in a different light. From the height of a 3 year old boy. After 8 years, I visited again the Underwater World in Sentosa and went to the dolphin show and was amazed at the big difference now. I enjoyed every moment with him and my dear sister and his godmother and godsister, Lyca. We also visited Jurong Bird Park and realized that little Carl indeed has a v independent streak and cannot stand 'smelly' places and things. He could not stand the swan pond as it was very smelly. But he liked the parrots section and even posed charmingly there.

He hardly had tantrums though my sister would always ask him every morning if he would be okay to going out that day. If he says yes, then we heave a sigh of relief. If he says no, then we needed to allow him to do what he likes to do everyday, which is to watch his favorite film, 'The Cars', and hope that once we ask him again at some point while he is watching, he then would say yes to going out. LOL! Yes, he has such an independent mind for a 3 year old. I am amazed to see how much independence is in his veins, as if he is not only 3 years old. When at some point, he had to use the EZ link card as he needed to pay already for going on the bus or the MRT, we saw how he easily navigated 'the tapping in and tapping out process' of public transport system of Singapore. And he felt so happy to be paying for his own fare, tho Auntie Sussie was hoping his height would not have reached yet the maximum height allowed for free fares. LOL! But after seeing him happily trying to reach the machine to tap his card and how keeps the fare card to himself and take care of it, I was more than happy to have to pay for it. LOL!

In all, his journey and visit here with his mom and godmother and godsister was such fun, especially for Auntie Sussie. It is something I would always remember and I am sure he is now bragging to his brothers and to his friends how much fun he had in Singapore. And when he was about to leave, he cried for a while, prompting me to carry him (I know babe I should not have carried him as my back cannot take it) to assure him that I will be seeing him again soon in Manila. Only then he stopped crying. And seeing him waving bye bye to me at the airport was such a sight I will always keep in my heart. Love you little baby. I do hope your big counterpart will be next in coming here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home